Lotus and Renault finally confirm deal
Renault has finally officially confirmed that it has concluded a deal with Lotus for “2014 and beyond.” Although the two parties have prepared for this season as normal the contract was not signed...
View ArticleLotus Mercedes deal is done, announcement due soon
The deal for Lotus to use Mercedes power units from 2015 will be confirmed in the next few days. The new arrangement, which was predicted here on June 24, sees Lotus take over the supply made available...
View ArticleWilliams turnaround an inspiration for Lotus
One of the most intriguing aspects of 2015 is the switch by Lotus from Renault to Mercedes power, a move that gives the team that won a race as recently as 2013 a much stronger power unit than it had...
View ArticleFirst look at the new Lotus E23 – and its conventional nose
The Lotus looks a lot neater at the front than its predecessor Lotus has released the first images of the new E23, the first Enstone car to be powered by Mercedes. The most notable visible aspect of...
View ArticleLotus much easier to drive on limit now, says Chester
Lotus technical director Nick Chester is confident that the team has made a big step with the E23, and not just as a result of the timely switch from Renault to Mercedes power. Chester says that the...
View ArticlePastor Maldonado: “I think we are not that far from Williams”
Pastor Maldonado says that Lotus is not far off the pace of Williams – and says he is hoping to make Q3 in Monaco, a track where he has shown well in the past. Maldonado has yet to make the points in...
View ArticleLotus: Verstappen was “silly” in clash with Grosjean
Lotus trackside operations director Alan Permane is adamant that Romain Grosjean did nothing wrong prior to being hit by Max Verstappen at Monaco’s Ste Devote corner. The stewards decided that the...
View ArticleLotus able to run after making Pirelli payment
Lotus will be able to take part in the Hungarian GP weekend after Pirelli released the Enstone team’s tyres this morning. A commercial issue, understood to involve a late payment, meant that Pirelli...
View ArticleRenault and Lotus deal still only a “potential acquisition”
Renault and Lotus have made the first formal public acknowledgement of an impending future takeover deal by confirming that a letter of intent has been signed. The news comes on the day of a the court...
View ArticleRenault sale still not done says Lotus boss Carter
Lotus F1 CEO Matthew Carter says he still doesn’t know when the planned takeover by Renault will be finalised. After Suzuka both sides announced that a letter of intent had been signed, but cautioned...
View Article